Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Free unicorns!

Remember that neighborhood I told you about in my "Those People" post? Well, it's not just a neighborhood near me; it includes my neighborhood.

And guess what! CITY COUNCIL ANNEXED US! I'm so glad that I have wise leaders now to tell me when I'm using my resources properly! In exchange for paying double for my property taxes and having to beg a city plans examiner with no construction experience for permission to work on my own home, I get to have the city code enforcement genius tell me how high my grass can be and which items I can and can't have in my yard!

Yep, me and Peggy are set, now. My (yes, they really are mine now; insert girlish squeal here!) city council members also voted to try to get federal stimulus funds at the same meeting, so now I'll have federal wisdom, too! I'll have so many teats to choose from that I won't even know which one to suckle at any given moment!

I'm so glad my city council members are giving me this fairy tale world to live in. Only for some reason they looked at me funny when I asked where to line up for my free unicorn. Oh well, I'm too excited to care! I'll post again when my (!) button cools off!

No comments: